The volunteer’s responsibilities include completing assigned tasks to assist the employees at Goodwill. Volunteers will maintain a high degree of professionalism with internal and external customers that align with Goodwill values.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Volunteers need to arrive on time and be ready to contribute.
- Assist Donation Attendants working together to bring in donations, move materials and sort products.
- Assist Utility Clerks by helping them with a cleaning project.
- Assist Production Associates moving their product, dumping trash and sorting donations for quality.
- Observe the rules and safety regulations of the organization while carrying out tasks.
- Remain professional in their interactions with all internal and external customers.
- Communicate with management when you are running late or unable to fulfill your duties.
- Consistently perform all duties within the framework of our Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Completion of training with a willingness to learn their role to assist others as part of a team.
- The ability to follow instructions, acting with respect and diligence.
- Good time management and reliable transport.
Description of physical working environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods throughout the facility and use a full range of motion to lift push or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Work outside in hot or cold temperatures and inclement weather.
- Must be able to clearly communicate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.