VP, Legal helps lead in the execution of the corporate legal matters. Working under the direction of the CEO and CCO, this individual will provide a wide range of contract management support with respect to global contract the North American region. In addition, this role will work collaboratively with outside legal counsel as appropriate, for matters such as, trademark, patent, and other general legal needs of the company.
1. Reviewing, drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements, master services
agreements and related statements of work, technology license agreements,
nondisclosure and non competition agreements, and other agreements as
2. Ensuring diligence across the legal team when conducting general and factual
3. Providing advice and counsel to senior management and other business leaders
on legal, regulatory, legislative, compliance, and business issues
4. Providing expertise in laws related to company business line/ products and
investment opportunities or partnerships.
5. Maintain expertise in global data and privacy laws and advise on the impact to
the Company as well as implications with respect to compliance activities
6. Ensuring organization and tracking legal filings is maintained across team
7. Providing direction toward management, tracking, and reporting status of new
contracts and amendments to ensure timely execution
8. Providing support for personnel-related matters
9. Developing and managing strategy for contracts process for expirations,
renewals, terminations, term escalators, and other key recurring milestone
10. Support the executive leadership team on investor funding contract review and
11. Maintaining communication with internal stakeholders, outside counsel and third
12. Manage paralegal team
Education and Experience
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
J.D. from accredited school
Significant management and independent decision making required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Extensive knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires high level analytic ability.
• Ability to convert ambiguity into meaningful metrics to drive decisions and measure performance.
• Expertise in developing trust-based relationships with clients, partners, and teammates.
• Unrelenting drive to continuously improve yourself, your team, and your organization.
• Ability to thrive in an environment with constant change.
• Overall understanding of the work environment and process.
• Strong computer skills and experience in working with word processing, spreadsheets and management software is required.