Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
We’re seeking a few of the best professionals in the telecom industry who share our vision of a world connected through wireless communications – change-makers who believe anything is possible. And who have the skills, experience, and drive to transform that belief into action.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
· Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
· 0-2 years of experience with ability to take direction and learn from experience.
· Experience in AutoCAD or equivalent drawing software preferred.
· Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills; self-starter, team player, and results oriented.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
· Demonstrated willingness to learn.
· A valid driver’s license, including a clean driving record, with the ability to be covered by company auto insurance plan.
· Skilled at managing all assigned task with little supervision.
· Must be able to understand civil engineering standards, requirements, projects proposed by other utilities or government municipalities.
· Knowledge of telecommunications network design principles and processes.
· Well-developed decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills, displaying the ability to provide a solution where none apparently exists.
· Excellent oral/written communication skills, strong organizational skills, high level of integrity, and strong team player.
· Ability to work under severe time constraints and produce at a high level.
· Proven track record and reputation for being a gracious, flexible quick learner and accurate worker with a high attention to detail and follow-up.
· Always represent the company in a professional manner.
· Physical ability to lift 25+lbs. and be comfortable working in an outdoor environment in all types of weather.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Review strand maps, pole survey sheets and prints submitted by Fiber Construction Managers, Operations Assistants and/or contractors. Organize and prioritize information given.
· Complete pole/conduit application forms to submit to various utilities (Telephone, Electric, Cable) and Cell Tower owners.
· Review underground routes and necessity of manhole breakouts and submit appropriate forms to various utility companies.
· Review continuity from previous licensing and/or other jobs to termination, ensuring nothing has been overlooked prior to submittal.
· Extensive use of various software, internet research for applying to utilities, co-opps, etc.
· Complete NODE Applications for power and equipment.
· Follow up with all municipal& utility offices on status of applications.
· Receive, verify, and pay field survey and approved make-ready bills associated with conduit/pole applications.
· Follow-up after cable placement by submitting job completion forms to utilities.
· Keep accurate up-to-date records, files and contact lists to make all status information available.
· Complete special projects as assigned.
· General office duties (filing, scanning, copying, other duties as assigned)
· Contribute to overall team effort and assist other directs of the Manager with the department.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents.
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start.
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program