This position provides excellent customer service by assisting current and former students with their Aggie Ring order and Aggie Ring Day experiences. The individual must be highly motivated and possess the ability to multi-task with a wide range of duties from assisting with repairs to locating owners of found Aggie Rings. Must be comfortable with fundraising efforts to help achieve the goals and mission of our organization. Reviews academic records and answers questions regarding Ring eligibility. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential for this position.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Answers technical questions regarding academic requirements, Aggie Ring requirements and performs procedures for ordering and repairing Aggie Rings.
- Responsible for being customer focused in all duties.
- Assists customers with Aggie Ring orders and repairs, including selection, payment and general inquiries.
- Answers the telephone and general email inquiries.
- Evaluates confidential records to determine Aggie Ring eligibility.
- Processes online orders and reviews them for accuracy.
- Prepares Ring shipments via UPS, Fed Ex and Registered Mail.
- Inspects Rings before and after sending to Balfour for repair.
- Communicates Association messages to customers, including the Century Club ask, during order and repair processes.
- Assists with Ring delivery procedures by unpacking, inspecting, and organizing Rings.
- Responsible for record keeping through reviewing and updating Find an Aggie with each customer interaction.
- Assists the Manager and Coordinator as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Manager of Aggie Ring Program.
Required: High school graduation or equivalent.
Preferred: Degree from Texas A&M University, Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service and general office operations.
Required: Two years in customer service with an emphasis on sales.
Preferred: Previous training and experience in using Compass/Howdy.
Required: Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multi-task, and have a strong attention to detail. Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly attitude. Highly proficient in data entry. Self-motivated. Willingness to work both as a team player and independently. Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
Preferred: Experience in networking and fundraising. Comfortable speaking to large groups.
Required: Frequent use of computer and ability to operate a keyboard.
Preferred: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Required: Ability to excel in a repetitive, fast-paced environment for extended periods of time.
Preferred: Demonstrated ability working with diverse populations.