Position: Business Engagement Representative (Industry: General Business)
Salary Range: $55,000 – 65,000
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Business Engagement
Reports To: Manager of Employer Services
The Business Engagement Representative serves as a representative of the Public Workforce System by promoting its programs and services across all funding streams throughout Philadelphia County and as a business intelligence specialist. The Business Engagement Representative works across all departments, PA CareerLink® Centers and external economic development partners to connect employers with training and workforce solutions.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Develop effective linkages with employers in the region to promote employer utilization of the local workforce system including PA CareerLink® and to support the local workforce investment activities
• Establish and cultivate new economic development partnerships that lead to projects yielding multiple on-the-job placement opportunities for all job seekers.
• Using analytics, ensure that workforce investment activities provide evidence that activities meet the needs of employers and economic growth is supported in the region.
• Maintain thorough documentation of all employer contacts; maintain and update all employer databases and remain abreast of local and regional labor market trends and research.
• Use the employer databases and internal business intelligence to target efforts to best benefit job seekers in the system while proactively supporting system wide performance metrics.
• Develop regular data and business intelligence products as part of the internal teams for distribution to the integrated centers.
• Identify, convene and support targeted sectors to map talent pipelines and identify strategies to tie their talent needs to career pathways and the workforce system.
• Support industry and sector partnerships that provide skilled workforce needed by employers in the region.
• Develop new and expand existing relationships with appropriate trade associations by making connections and build interactive partnerships with local community organizations such as the City of Philadelphia Commerce Department, local education institutions, the Industry Partnerships, and other Philadelphia City agencies.
• Attend trade shows and employer expos to foster relationships and promote the public workforce system.
• Build an analysis to support a Return on Investment (ROI) to help businesses see the potential for recruiting from the workforce system.
• Conduct needs and preference assessments with businesses to better align workforce system services and job seeker preparation with current and emerging demands.
• Assess the satisfaction of businesses with the workforce system and its services and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Promote OJT opportunities and refer the interested employer to the appropriate provider team.
• Gather and maintain accurate records for weekly, monthly, quarterly funding reports.
• Maintain specific competencies and serve as the expert in an assigned targeted industry cluster, tailoring service delivery systems to each employer’s needs
• Respond in a timely manner to all employer requests, thus securing a high degree of customer service excellence.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business or other related field with 3 years’ experience in sales. Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.