Greenville University is committed to the safety and security of the campus, students and employees whom we serve. The selection process for the Campus Safety Team is ongoing. The selected candidate(s) are to provide security and protection over persons and buildings and/or properties of the University community.
- Patrols assigned areas of Greenville University to protect life and property and to maintain a safe campus environment
- Responds to emergencies by assessing the situation to remedy and/or maintain control, requesting assistance as needed
- Lock and unlock campus buildings; respond to requests for first aid and support
- Observe and report faulty or unsafe conditions
- Provide basic information and directions to university personnel, students and/or the general public
- Enforce parking regulations
- Assist in providing emergency notification
- Assist law enforcement and other emergency responders in the performance of their duties
- Perform administrative duties
- Complete forms and other necessary reports
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
Director of Campus Safety and Security
- Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted
- Possess the physical ability to respond to various emergency situations
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time and to walk for much of the work shift in all types of weather conditions
- Required Skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, possibly under stressful conditions.
- Responsible, honest, dependable, and conscientious
- Ability to follow directions, both orally and in writing, working with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external entities
- Ability to prioritize incidents as they arise
- Ability to acquire and keep confidential all campus safety information
- Basic understanding and ability to operate computer systems and software
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to Christ and the Christian ideals of Greenville University as well as an understanding and appreciation of Christian higher education.
- Must submit to a thorough background check
- Must be willing able to work nights, weekends and holidays; shifts may vary.
Education or Certification:
Minimum expectation - High school diploma
Preferred: College degree (or pursuing degree)
Possess or be able to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification
Preferred: Prior security and/or law enforcement experience; or any combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired