You know us as the lawyers who promise “there’s never a fee unless we get money for you.”
What you may not know is that we’re a firm dedicated to client care and enriching our city and community.
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is comprised of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants who provide a personal touch. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
We are looking for a driven, results-focused Medical Records Assistant who sees the big picture and wants to make a difference for our clients - people who are injured through no fault of their own. The Medical Records Assistant is responsible for requesting, obtaining and organizing medical records with strict confidentiality.
- Acts as a liaison between the support staff from the firm and the medical records providers by handling all requests for records with strict adherence to deadlines and confidentiality.
- Requests, tracks and organizes medical records for client cases. Ensures that all requests are completed by the deadlines.
- Receives, records and profiles all medical records both electronically and via hard copies.
- Implements a timely tracking and follow up system to ensure the status updates of all medical records are accurately recorded in the system. Takes appropriate actions to expedite the processing system when needed.
- Implements a communication and notification process to keep all parties informed of the status of medical records requests. Promptly identifies issues and irregularities; provides timely and frequent updates to the Medical Records Coordinator. Documents any irregularities in the system.
- Maintains accurate filing and document system. Follows established processes to ensure that records are incorporated into the correct case file.
- Interacts with firm personnel, visitors and medical records providers in a professional and courteous manner. Responds promptly and efficiently to all communications.
- Provides administrative support, including typing, filing, preparing correspondence, mailing, inventory requests, photocopying, faxing, collating, answering phones, delivering messages and other activities.
- Assists the department and firm with special projects, reports and other support requests.
- Assists in reviewing and reconciling billing invoices based on medical records requests. This may involve researching submissions and verifying delivery of products to support invoice payment.
- Collaborates with other departments to support client cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.