SynTerra is looking for a creative and highly talented Professional Geologist with the expertise to help our clients succeed. Candidate should have 8-12 years of experience in environmental consulting, assessment, and remediation. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients, other environmental professionals, and State and Federal regulators. The position requires the ability to travel to project sites. This position is based in Cary, NC with some remote work available.
The following is a summary of what you’ll accomplish in this position:
- Preparation of assessment and remediation work plans, cost estimates, reports, and other technical documents
- Manage, coordinate and work on specialized soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and soil vapor environmental projects, environmental compliance and monitoring programs, and regulatory approval compliance for industrial facilities
- Geological and hydrogeological assessments, groundwater modeling, statistics and data management
- Project management and technical writing
- Manage/mentor a team of junior professionals
- Undergraduate degree in geology, environmental science, or relevant engineering field
- Professional Geologist license in NC
- NC Registered Site Manager (RSM) required or ability to acquire within 6 to 12 months
- 8-12 years of experience
- Working knowledge of the NC Department of Environmental Quality Division of Waste Management programs including but not limited to the hazardous waste and superfund sections
- Experience with report preparation for submittal to the client and state agencies; soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water and vapor intrusion investigations; and management of remediation contractors and subcontractors
- 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained
- Master’s degree in geology or hydrogeology is preferred
- Experience with client relations preferred
- Group leadership experience preferred
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.