Temporarily at 5201 E San Fernando Rd., Los Angeles, CA 90039
* Will change to Pasadena, CA in April, 2023. Date subject to change
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Pay Rate: $16.50/hr
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
Assist Customers, unload trucks, assemble items, clean and price items, move stock to the sales floor. Assist other Warehouse/Sales Associates. The ReStore is a mission-critical role that supports SGV Habitat to live out our vision of a San Gabriel Valley and world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain, enhance and grow customer base through excellent customer service
- Maintain and constantly improve the look and feel of the ReStore.
- Function as a key member of the Sales team: Collaborate with other team members, on a daily basis and participate in shaping the Stores strategic direction
Is committed to San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity’s mission to eliminate substandard housing and make affordable housing a matter of conscience and action
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Impact
Upward Reporting Relationship:
Positions Reports to: Store Manager
No oversight or accountability for others, an individual contributor
Internal and External
Has regular contact with other staff and departments, employees and Managers at all levels of the internal organization
May help influence the formulation of organizational policy. Create an environment that is customer centric.
- 12 days paid time off per year plus increasing accruals amounts for longer tenure
- 10 paid flexible floating holidays
- Ability to have a set schedule in a retail environment!
- Employee recognition programs – your work is valued here!
- Amazing platinum and gold Healthnet and Kaiser health care plans
- Great dental and vision plan
- Life insurance policy
- 403(b) retirement company match
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one year of retail or warehouse experience
- Basic knowledge of Home Improvement and Home Décor items
- Interpersonal Interactions
- Speaking—phone and in-person
- Software skills—proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Flexibility, desire to invest in our organization
- Forklift certifiable, able to lift and move 75 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to work overtime (coming in early or staying late).
- Good customer service skills, willingness to assist other staff.
Fast paced retail store environment. Some stress may occur; tasks have fixed deadlines. Requires standing and moving for extended periods of time, visual acumen, physical dexterity.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.