Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. We provide labor market software, consulting, and data so our clients can make informed decisions that grow their communities and organizations.
For example, our technology:
- Helps economic developers understand their local industries and labor market
- Allows workforce development practitioners to guide workers to high-wage, high-demand jobs
- Assists educators in training their students for well-paying, in-demand careers
- Helps site selectors choose the best site for their clients’ expansion or relocation by understanding the talent availability in competing locations
- Allows staffing and recruitment firms to determine competitive wages
We’re more than a technology company – we help our clients win.
Our employees are encouraged to think differently, ask challenging questions, and pursue what’s best for our clients.
We want our clients to make confident decisions. If you want to help communities and organizations thrive, you’ve come to the right place.
- Implement, maintain, and continuously optimize data processing solutions for a wide variety of complex big data sets.
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain data integration solutions as they relate to all stages of extract, transform, and load (ETL) pipelines.
- Build internal tooling that serves to improve upon the ability to create, test, build, serve, compare, and optimize complex data models and their related data sets.
- Troubleshoot data issues and effectively triage timely solutions.
- Contribute to and maintain documentation as it relates to new and existing data models, processes, storage, and optimization techniques.
- Experience in a relevant programming language: C#, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with containerization platforms (Docker, K8S, etc)
- Experience with schema design and writing queries for SQL Server, Postgres or similar
- Azure experience
- Kanban/Agile experience
- Familiarity with machine learning and NLP is nice to have but not required