Under the general supervision of the seven practice urologists (and along with the existing team of PAs and NPs) the Advanced Practice Professional (PA or NP) will provide patient-centered, safe and effective care in a suburban Philadelphia outpatient setting. APP will evaluate and treat adult patients with a range of urologic conditions, perform therapeutic procedures such as catheterizations, intravesical administration of therapeutics, S.P. tube changes, and establish themselves in a busy outpatient practice and location. This is a full-time position, with no anticipated night or weekend or on-call coverage. We offer competitive compensation with good benefits.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to interact with a variety of people at a variety of levels with excellent verbal and communication skills, strong customer service skills, understanding of how to prioritize, and the willingness to take on new challenges all while recognizing the needs of the practice/physicians/patients.
Essential Job Functions:
The APP will provide patient services under the direct supervision and responsibility of the supervising staff physicians.
The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for evaluating patients in a private practice setting, obtaining relevant medical history, performing a thorough urological exam, ordering appropriate imaging, interpreting tests and developing care plans in collaboration with supervising physicians.
The APP should be able to communicate to the patient, loved ones and family members relevant information (including descriptions of disease state(s), procedure(s)) in a way that the patient and family members are well informed; understand the diagnosis, procedure and post operative care; and provide follow up documentation to reflect the treatment care plan.
Reviews charts, records and follows up on phone calls regarding various clinical conditions, patient inquiries, preoperative and post operative care.
Accurate, timely and complete documentation.
Trains APPS Students.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Work Location: One location
· Should possess an understanding of the operations of a medical practice, including clinical knowledge, patient experience, office and billing workflow, patient movement, medical coding and terminology.
· Should possess a thorough understanding of office, billing and clinical workflows, patient experience, scheduling, medical insurance, and billing as related to clinical practice.
· Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Must be a self- disciplined, highly motivated team player who has a sense of ownership, accountability and strong work ethic.
· Must be process and detailed focused, be able to work autonomously as well as part of a group, and multi-task in challenging, sometime stressful situations.
· Strong computer skills required.
Minimum 3 years Urology experience required.
Education: 1. Master’s degree required. 2. Must be a graduate of an accredited physician assistant or NP program.
Licensures/Certifications: 1. Must be Certified or new graduate who is eligible for certification by relevant governing bodies. 2. Active license with the State of Pennsylvania.
3. Provider BLS (American Heart Assoc/American Red Cross) required. 4. ACLS certification preferred 5. Additional certifications specific to specialty may be required or preferred.
Job Type: Full-time