WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENISTS!
$10,000 SIGNING BONUS OFFERED!
JOIN THE TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE! Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Dental Hygienist is a licensed primary oral health care professional whose goal is to assist Westside Family Health patients in achieving and maintaining optimum oral health. The Dental Hygienist cleans teeth and examines mouth, head, and neck for signs of oral disease. May educate patients on oral hygiene, take and develop x-rays, or apply fluoride or sealants.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Examine and thoroughly document oral conditions, including those of the head and neck region, through the use of clerical measurement, radiographs and other assessment methods
- Perform thorough removal of hard and soft deposit with ultrasonic/hand instrumentation and polishing of supra gingival crowns
- Review and record patient medical histories
- Develop individualized oral hygiene programs for home care
- Diet analysis and counseling for dental care control and prevention
- Educate patients, the general public and special population groups particularly the children regarding oral health
- Plan and conduct oral health programs for the children within the community
- Implement a periodontal disease program and protocol
- Apply decay prevention agents such as fluoride and sealants
- Maintain inventory of dental hygiene supplies
- Assist other dental staff when necessary
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited Dental Hygiene Program
- Current Delaware dental hygiene license
- Current with continuing education
- Basic life support certification