Partner Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center (PVESC) is a women founded, owned, and lead business.
Be a part of reimagining and transforming the veterinary profession by joining our team at the Richmond Urgent Care practice!
PVUC is currently seeking one full-time and one part-time Veterinary Assistant to join our Richmond, VA Urgent Care team! Veterinary Assistants are responsible for a variety of tasks related to pet family support and patient care and is vital to the urgent care workflows.
The Veterinary Assistants emphasis is on tasks related to team and patient care, plus pet family support. Additional daily tasks include patient handling, assisting team members with treatments, maintaining surgical and anesthesia equipment, cleaning and restocking supplies, and accurately entering service charges in the processing database.
You will work with unique and varied cases, and you have the resources to enable optimal patient outcomes.
This position is four days a week, including weekend and weekday 10 hours shifts.
Our team member benefits and perks:
- *Paid wellness week off prior to start date, if currently employed
- 3 weeks paid vacation, prorated your first year
- Annual uniform allowance
- Contribution to health insurance
- $500 Annual HRA Allowance
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Bring your pet to work during your shift
- Get role-specific training
- Clear and transparent career development paths
- Minimum 2 years’ Veterinary Assistant experience; emergency or urgent care setting preferred
- Understanding of veterinary workflows and procedures
- Exposure to, or knowledge of Fear-Free techniques and philosophies preferred
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. without assistance
Our core values:
- Community Care
Why Work for Partner Veterinary Urgent Care (PVUC)
Our mission statement is our commitment to our team: “Doing our part to improve the veterinary landscape and pioneer a transformative approach to team health and happiness, creating a healing environment for ourselves and our partners, pet families, and patients.”
Are you ready to learn more? Visit our website and apply on our careers page. We look forward to meeting you!