Prepares, cooks, garnishes, and plates products served in the Café. Responsible for maintaining sanitary kitchen work station.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality, ingredient standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Follows recipe specifications to prepare menu items in accordance with pre-determined costs.
- Prepares items for cooking by peeling, paring, coring, portioning, washing, sectioning, zesting, cutting, or scoring.
- Cooks all food items by braising, poaching, simmering, boiling, frying, baking, roasting, stir-frying, blanching, or broiling.
- Covers, dates and neatly stores and rotates all products.
- Requisitions items needed to produce food choices, notifies stewards as ordering needs occur.
- Maintains sanitary work station.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
- (E) High school education or equivalent
- (D) Degree from a post secondary culinary arts training program
- (D) Previous Line Cook experience
Mustard Seed Market and Cafe provides incremental increases when associates show proficiency and availability to work various stations throughout the kitchen as verified by management.
$15.50 - $18.00 per hour