Position: Community Outreach Representative
Salary Range: $55,000 - 65,000
Business Unit: Executive
Reports To: VP of Govt. & Community Relations
This position will be responsible for external projects representing Philadelphia Works (PWI) to various community / business organizations, staff of elected and appointed officials and faith-based leaders. This position will also provide support to the Community Outreach Unit of the PA CareerLink® Centers as needed.
This position will require a good deal of local travel.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Educate the community leaders and business organizations about workforce services offered at area PA CareerLink® Centers.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with area non-profit organizations and community leaders.
• Support Community Outreach Team with events sponsored by community-based organizations.
• May be assigned to visit vendor sites and assist on various projects that are funded via PWI.
• Attend community events and promote workforce services offered at area PA CareerLink® Centers.
• Collaborate with the PA CareerLink® Center representative to track the status of individuals who are referred by elected officials that engage in workforce services via the PA CareerLink® Centers. Create and maintain a database on the status of the individuals.
• Inform the Community Outreach Unit on community data trends to allow assessment of CareerLink effectiveness, increased or additional service needs, identifying other community resources etc.
• Partner with Outreach and Communications Manager for collateral to disseminate and promote events.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must be available to work some evenings and weekends often with short notice.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of work experience in a private, not-for-profit, or government agency which involved public contact and/or community/public relations.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong relationship building skills
• Proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office products and database software
• Ability to effectively relate to people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, government agencies, public officials, and all levels of management and staff
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of people
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must have the ability to travel throughout the city and surrounding area.
• Ability to multi task and possess flexibility to meet departmental needs.
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.