The Porter provides routine cleaning and custodial maintenance of the property’s exterior and interior. They are responsible for maintaining clean and hygienic condition of the property’s premises and facilities.
- Enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for assisting with repairing and maintaining the community features, ensuring a safe and clean-living experience for your residents. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs around the community.
- Respond to service needs and make-ready schedule. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, working closely with your manager and other community team members. During the turnover process, you will help execute painting and cleaning vacant apartment homes.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- General interest in custodial and/or maintenance work and an ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and being on call.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values