Since 1980, Bellwether Housing has been Seattle’s largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
Provide coverage for properties when the Site Manager is on FMLA and other extended leaves, and when there is a vacancy in the Site Manager position. Support PM and accounting departments by applying expertise in eSite, SharePoint, and other software programs to create portfolio-wide efficiencies. Provide leasing support at properties experiencing occupancy challenges. Assist with certifications and other tasks to support overall Property Management team and organization goals.
• Provide leasing support to assigned properties experiencing high turnover or during lease ups.
Perform Building Coverage in the Absence of a Site Manager:
• Perform Site Manager duties at the assigned property, ensuring fair housing, landlord/tenant laws and Bellwether policies and procedures are fully observed.
• Duties include marketing and leasing available units, providing customer service to residents and commercial tenants, handling maintenance requests, collecting and posting rents, lease enforcement, and supervising building staff.
Ensure excellent customer services to residents and prospective residents.
• Provide professional, responsive, unbiased, caring and knowledgeable interactions with applicants and current residents.
• Possess knowledge of Bellwether policies, landlord tenant law, fair housing laws, and property management software procedures.
• Be approachable, pleasant, professional, and knowledgeable in all interactions with applicants and current residents.
• Act in a calm, rational and professional manner in problem solving with tenants and staff.
• Maintain confidentiality of applicant and tenant information.
• Assist residents with SHA paperwork, reviewing for accuracy before submitting to SHA on their behalf.
• Maintain accurate file set up, filing and archiving of tenant files, including maintaining accurate tenant contact list.
Ensure property is operated in compliance with applicable laws and in compliance with funder requirements.
• Assist Site Manager with completing annual and ongoing re-certification paperwork for residents according to Bellwether procedures.
• Ensure fair housing and landlord/tenant laws and Bellwether policies and procedures are fully upheld.
Site Management Support:
• Assist with transition of newly hired site managers to site, providing site specific training.
• Assist with annual building audits.
• Provide support to Site Managers in housekeeping and funder inspection follow up to ensure work orders are entered timely and completed, and any other housekeeping concerns are addressed.
• Assist Site Managers in standardizing tenant files and electronic files on the T drive, conducting routine audits.
Engage and collaborate with Portfolio Manager, Property Management department and other Bellwether departments.
• Contribute and participate as a team member of the Associate Portfolio Managers team to troubleshoot problems as they arise and suggest/initiate procedural changes as needed.
• Embody Bellwether values of respect, integrity, community and excellence in your work. Promote a culture of trust, mutual support and accountability.
• Champion and cultivate an inclusive work environment.
• Maintain confidentiality of applicant and resident information.
• Work together with all Bellwether coworkers to learn effectively from and with each other, and to incorporate the lessons learned.
• Attend trainings and meetings as directed.
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years prior apartment management or leasing experience in the property management industry. Equivalent education/experience may substitute for stated requirements.
• High school diploma or GED (equivalent education and experience may be substituted for the stated requirements).
• Experience working with affordable housing programs.
• Exceptional customer service aptitude, including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to both internal and external customer requests.
• Experience in Fair Housing and local Landlord Tenant Law.
• Dependable, highly motivated and organized individual, skilled at meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate in English.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Positive attitude a must.
• Experiencing working with Microsoft Office user applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience supervising staff.
• Completion of WSHFC Fundamentals and Advanced training workshops.
• Project Based Section 8 (HUD) experience.
• Experience with Seattle Housing Authority Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs.
• Experience working with AMSI/eSite or equivalent property management software.
• Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with community constituencies and social service agencies.
• Experience working with social service programs for diverse populations and making referrals as appropriate.
• Prior cleaning and light maintenance experience in a work environment.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
• Candidates must have reliable transportation to travel between three properties on a regular schedule.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Compensation: $46,000 - $56,500
Bellwether Housing offers meaningful employment opportunities in an uplifting and diverse environment. Our employees are committed to making a difference in the lives of our residents and the wider community. Bellwether offers competitive pay, a generous PTO policy, paid holidays, and exceptional health and retirement benefits! We also offer flexible work schedules, flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits! Come join our award-winning team!