Candidate Must Have Direct Experience with Comcast Cable Operations
Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
The Director of Engineering Operations is responsible for managing a team within the Cable MSO business unit to meet customer expectations and designated timelines. This position supports the Operations team and works directly with Comcast team members, senior leadership, business partners, and personnel from all departments. Also, travel will be required to meet with Comcast Corporate/Division teams to stand up new operations, and to help drive new business and revenue opportunities.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
· Bachelor's Degree with engineering or technology education. Equivalent experience or training may substitute for the education requirement. Master's Degree preferred.
· 10 years or more previous experience with CATV related Fiber/HFC network and design systems.
· Required experience leading high functioning operation teams.
· Familiarity with work and safety programs.
· Working knowledge of Comcast platforms: Polaris 2, Enterprise Capacity & Facilities (ECAF), Spatial etc.
· Knowledge of Comcast Operations change management windows, tool sets and associated processes.
· Familiarity with Cable MSO Inside/outside plant equipment, design, and construction techniques.
· Expertise with CAD, field engineering, CAD Manager, engineering manager, estimating, bid and proposal, etc. Spent the majority of career in engineering.
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
· Strong leadership skills, consensus building capability, influencing skills and credibility with other functional areas; demonstrated ability to lead change.
· Ability to effectively problem-solve complicated issues.
· Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills.
· Experience with growing teams from small to large.
· Have strong relationship with CAD personnel, field engineers, P. E. s, and other industry professionals. Strong network of potential employees and subcontractors.
· Accustomed to managing a larger regional or national footprint.
· Strong experience with estimating, bid, and proposal.
· Strong experience managing a P&L.
Education and Experience
· A Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, or a related field of study. (Or equivalent work history).
· 10 + years’ experience with CATV related HFC networks, DOSCIS, Inside/Outside Plant and all related technologies.
· Knowledge of Comcast Polaris 2 and associated processes, platforms, and tools
· SCTE Membership, board member or experience is a plus.
· Growing a new operations team from ground up.
· Experience with managing fiber & CATV projects to completion.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Ensures efficiency, quality, and integrity in all facets of data and execution within the quote, design, deployment, construction phases to include CATV HFC plant work.
· Maintain KPIs, metrics, and other tools for managing the department. Understands how to manage a volume of work and can scale up/down based on workload.
· Develops budget and forecasting for departmental resources and tools while identifying cost saving opportunities.
· Supports internal design teams, along with field operations teams, making sure design specifications are understood and applied for consistent and reliable practices.
· Develops, implements, and reports on quote and design-related process and technology improvements.
· Serves as the point of escalation for all prioritization and issues.
· Provides quality coaching, leadership and direction to high performing Quote, Design, and field operation teams. Cultivates, pursues, and promotes a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth.
· Manage team to meet budgets and schedules and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Generate and control revenues and costs to deliver a profit to Essentia, with ultimate P&L responsibility.
· Prepare and present detailed cost estimates and documentation.
· Provide back-office support for field related processes such as time management, expenses, vehicles purchase, equipment, tools, supplies.
· Work with sales team to understand business opportunities and field requirements.
· On an as needed basis, development of regional field offices and support work requirements.
· Travel will be required to work sites to meet with field resources and customers.
· Ensure all safety measures and processes are being incorporated into daily work activities.
· Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with Comcast employees, business partners, internal team members and executive management.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.