Provides accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information. Also responsible for payroll processing and benefit administration.
- Draft monthly financial statements.
- Assist with monthly close process.
- Assist with preparing budget forecasts and proforma review.
- Review weekly accounts payable invoices and when necessary, verify/confirm W-9s for new vendors.
- Reconcile and prepare journal entries for investment accounts.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements for the general and payroll checking accounts, recording cash receipts and cash withdrawals.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors for annual audits.
- Review expense reports and credit card reports.
- Process bi-weekly payroll including confirming deductions, garnishments as well as reconciling benefit balances (401k, HSA, etc.).
- Administer Foundation benefit plans including onboarding new employees and managing Short/Long Term Disability and COBRA.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Administration with research and other finance, human resources, and IT functions/projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of four years of broad accounting experience, including use of accounting software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel required).
- Understanding of accounting, mathematics and financial process.
- Experience with accounting software, specifically Sage Intacct and Paylocity.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from all sectors of the community and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- May need to travel up and down stairs.
- Bend, stoop, and lift to move materials on occasion.
- Pull/push, lift and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Reach both above and below shoulder height when needed.
Starting salary range: $60,380 to $72,459