Tacoma, WA • Pharmacy
- Know and continually review medication brand and generic names, medical terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, and be able to type accurately at least 35 words per minute.
- Rotate through all work areas of the pharmacy weekly.
- Obtain, review, update, and print (if requested) patient eligibility, insurance information, and health information on the pharmacy patient profile daily.
- Issue prescriptions refills after verifying patient and record patient signature for such transactions daily.
- Process in-person and phone requests for prescription refills, determine if requests require approval, retrieve patient record if needed, collate and/or route requests electronically, in writing, or by facsimile to the Medical Provider or authorizing entity daily.
- Triage in-person, written, or phone requests for drug information or health advice to a registered pharmacist or to an appropriate entity within the health organization daily.
- Retrieve and process new or refill prescription orders electronically, by facsimile, telephone, or brought in-person which includes but is not limited to typing, counting and pouring, labeling, mixing, and collating in preparation for final check by a registered pharmacist daily.
- Trouble shoot prescription third party claim rejections by understanding formulary restrictions, plan limitations, drug utilization review override codes, relationship codes; requesting and completing prior authorization forms; and/or communicating with plan help desk representatives and prescribing entity daily.
- Inspect pharmaceutical stock and supplies for re-ordering, outdates, or deterioration daily.
- Document on log sheets pharmaceutical stock issued to floor stock, return to manufacturer, or items mark to be destroyed at least weekly.
- Compare received pharmaceutical stock and supplies with invoices, sign, date, and forward invoices to Technician Supervisor for review before submission to Accounting daily.
- Attend monthly Pharmacy and Technician meeting and provide relevant feedback to workflow issues.
- Graduation from an accredited pharmacy technician program.
- Two or more years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician, with most recent 12 months working in a retail pharmacy.
- Proficient with 3rd party billing and dosage calculations.
- Ability to work in fast paced pharmacy filling from 800- 1200 prescriptions per day.
- Current WA State Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
- Experience and / or ability to work with electronic health record systems.