WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR ENROLLMENT SPECIALISTS!
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Enrollment Specialists work to remove financial barriers to healthcare by connecting uninsured people, including Westside Family Healthcare (WFH) patients, to programs that make healthcare more affordable. In addition to providing education about affordable health care coverage options through one-on-one interactions and outreach events, Enrollment Specialists provide assistance with the application and enrollment process for State and Federal insurance affordability programs. These programs include Medicaid, CHIP, the Health Insurance Marketplace, Health Care Connection (HCC) and Screening for Life (SFL). Additionally, Enrollment Specialists assist WFH patients with enrollment in our sliding fee scales and external medication assistance programs. Strong organizational skills are required.
We are a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community. With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Provide assistance to WFH patients and consumers who need access to financial support for health care services, including the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Help individuals understand program eligibility criteria and the application process for various financial assistance programs that help to make health care more affordable
- Explain other health programs that increase health care access for which the patient or consumer may qualify and connect them with resources for program enrollment
- Assist with program application completion, identifying and obtaining required documentation and serve as a liaison with the program administrator to complete the enrollment process
- Successfully complete Certified Application Counselor or Navigator certification during the initial training period and maintain annually thereafter
- Complete timely, detailed reports for all patient/consumer activities and outreach events
- Protect patient and consumer information to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations
- Travel to and participate in statewide outreach events as needed, typically 2-4 times per month
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Develop extensive knowledge of health care and social service resources available in the community
- Provide information on the importance of primary and preventive care during one-on-one interactions and at community outreach events throughout the state
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months or more of experience using Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish or English and another language spoken by a majority of our patient population
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to travel independently between work locations, including external outreach events