The role of a Delivery Driver is responsible for driving and delivering material to vendors and job-sites. They must be able to work in a team environment with an emphasis always on safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive delivery truck to job-sites and vendors.
- Load and unload materials.
- Check pull sheet against load for accuracy.
- Pick up trim and accessories as needed for jobs.
- Process material returns as necessary.
- Check in material when delivered by vendors.
- Stage material for upcoming jobs
- Following the best practices for safety, both on the road and while loading or unloading a truck.
- Meet delivery deadlines
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely operate a hand truck.
- Must be able to pass Company policy of background check, motor vehicle and 5-panel drug test.
- Ability to read packing slips and bills of lading.
- Ability to work with subcontractors, vendors, and other employees.
- Must excel at working in a team environment. Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the physical ability to move large and heavy cabinets to complete job description.
- Ability to drive for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between jobsites, vendors, and warehouses; to handle documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 75 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and products.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.