The Lead Cabinet Maker/Shop Foreman is part of the Distinctive Millwork Division and is responsible for overseeing activities of production employees and custom builders, maintains quality levels, regulates completion times, and carries out production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hands on project involvement with shop personnel.
- Create material takeoff list with Assistances of Production Manager.
- Cut listing with Assistance of Production Manager.
- Understand the strengths and limitations of shop personnel and assign work accordingly.
- Monitor shop personnel on safety procedures.
- Ensure that safety equipment is available to shop personnel.
- Inventory – oversee material usage sheets filled out properly.
- Resolving issues in a timely manner
- Review jobs (checking for material, and information)
- Assist in Cross Training employees in the Machining Dept.
- Report all injuries to the Production Manager
- Participate in performance reviews for shop personnel
- Train a backup person to read the schedule and assign work in your absence
- Relay any HR questions or appointment requests to the Assistant of Operations
- Review and understand all work distributed to the department.
- Check on all materials before assigning a job.
- Direct any questions on projects to Production Manager.
- Inform Production Manager on any discrepancies found in the shop drawings.
- Assign and review projects to the appropriate shop personnel.
- Review & create daily goals to meet the production schedule.
- Monitor the schedule and the progress of projects to accurately anticipate when overtime will be necessary.
- Update the daily schedule as jobs are completed throughout the day.
- Monitor days allowed and hours estimated on projects. Make corrections to the daily schedule or recommendations to the Production Manager for changes to the schedule.
- Hands on project involvement with shop personnel
- Monitor projects to ensure quality.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee production employees.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of ten years in the woodworking industry
- Diverse exposure and working knowledge of woodworking equipment.
- Strong ability to read and interpret arch and shop drawings.
- Strong ability to teach and communicate.
- Strong ability to motivate personnel.
- Strong organizational skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to do the following: Machining, Cutting, Assembly, Laminating, Finishing, Hardware
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between workspaces; to handle materials and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 75 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and products.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Milling/ Warehouse Environment
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.