FlexTrades, the nation’s leading provider of manufacturing labor services, is seeking an Office Administrator to play an essential role in helping create a welcoming environment for our employees and clients. Individuals who have strong customer services skills, are articulate, organized, and detail-oriented, who would like to join a growing company are encouraged to learn more about this opportunity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands and effectively uses phone system; answers incoming calls, assists with answering caller questions, and routes calls appropriately; retrieves voice mail messages and forwards to appropriate personnel in a timely fashion.
- Manages HR Inbox.
- Gets new employees set up with office supplies and access to the company store.
- Grants new employees access to building when necessary.
- Sorts, scans, and routes mail throughout company; runs to PO Box at least twice a week.
- Accepts and signs for small package deliveries, coordinates requests for courier services.
- Maintains the inviting appearance of the reception area and greets all incoming visitors.
- Orders office supplies and keeps supply area stocked and organized.
- Monitors office food and snack supply, and orders when appropriate.
- Helps coordinate companywide activities, events, and lunches on an as needed basis.
- Creating written communications in assistance with the various committees throughout the organization.
- Assists in transitioning paper personnel files to electronic personnel files.
- Audits technician Form I-9’s to assure compliance with government standards.
- Upon request from external legal entities, pulls together history for former employees and distributes per requirements.
- Notifies appropriate parties of any building maintenance that needs to be attended to.
- Performs monthly safety checks of emergency lighting and fire extinguishers.
- Other ad hoc work as requested.
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Competitive pay
- Highly competitive medical and dental plans including a generous HSA match
- Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability coverages provided
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with a company match
- PTO, Birthday PTO, Volunteer Time Off (VTO), Mental Health Day, and Paid Holidays
FlexTrades is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce. As part of this program, the below link will be used to collect minority, gender, disability, and veteran status information as part of our Affirmative Action Program. If you apply, please answer the questions listed in the link. If you would prefer to not disclose this information, there is an option to opt out.
- 2+ years of office experience
- Professional demeanor
- Organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Patience and empathy when interacting with technicians or clients
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- HS Diploma, HR Certification or Associate degree in Business or HR preferred
Highly Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of HR or onboarding processes/procedures
- Experience answering phone calls and writing correspondence
- Proficient in managing large projects or event planning