We are seeking a tax accountant to be a key player in our Tax & Legal Affairs department. The position requires an ability to analyze financial information, interpret tax rules, and complete work with accuracy and in a timely fashion. Written and oral communication skills are important, as the job requires continual interaction with colleagues, with clients, and at times with the IRS.
Prepare and file foundation tax returns (70%)
- Prepare private foundation tax returns (IRS Forms 990PF and 990T, and accompanying forms) and extensions (8868)
Research, Analysis and Reporting (30%)
- Calculate and review quarterly estimates
- Responsible for drafting responses to client comments and questions
- Research and draft responses to correspondence received from tax authorities (mostly in the form of IRS Notices)
- Analyze Minimum Distribution Requirements
- Other tax related projects as requested by management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, economics, or finance with a minimum of 2 years of tax return preparation and tax accounting experience preferred
- GL experience a plus
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail oriented, and a self-starter
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting statutory and internal deadlines
- Strong technical skills (tax, accounting)
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Confidence to identify problems and recommend solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of K-1s
- Knowledge of Foreign Filings
- Mastery of computer and web-based products not limited to MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce; experience with GoSystem Tax RS preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.