Company Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Clearance: Secret, must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Reports To: Program Manager
Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
Senior Project Engineer to specify, install, operate and maintain a variety of technical systems and sub systems.
This Senior Project Engineer performs a variety of tasks, will provide consultation and direction on complex projects, and will be a top-level contributor/specialist. This position works with a team comprised of multiple disciplines.
Applicants should have extensive experience in the areas of systems support and best practices, paired with application in the design, implementation, and integration of disparate systems. Experience with hardware, electronics, communications systems, manufacturing, and/or reverse engineering is preferred. This engineer investigates and analyzes unique or highly technical systems and provides technical assistance in establishing procedures and methods to integrate support. You will evaluate complex programs and measures to assess the efficacy of integrations and functionality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive engineering project execution, develop and recommend technical guidance, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues
- Coordinate cross-team efforts spanning internal customers and external partners
- Interface with external agencies supporting systems engineering, architecture, and/or design
- Perform Functional Allocation; create and maintain multiple system Integration & Verification plans
- Develop, Review, and Sign Off on Factory Installation, and Factory Acceptance Testing Documents (FAT)
- Write specifications manufacturers will use to prepare labor and material cost estimates
- Review Process Flow Diagrams, Detailed Mechanical and Electrical Drawings, and Detailed Network Diagrams
- Generate lower-level requirements and tasking based on high level requirements
- Travel to customer facilities to assist with technical issues, up to 20%
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Computer Engineering is preferred
- Computer Science and Chemical Engineering will be considered
- 2+ years experience as an engineering leader or project manager
- 6+ years experience is required / 8 years experience is preferred
- Must have engineering experience in at least one these focus areas:
- Video surveillance systems, building and access controls e.g. Schneider Electric, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Tyco/Software House, Siemens
- Solidworks, Fanuc, Axis, Software House, Stratasys.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD CAM)
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Vehicle systems design and engineering (ECU and CAN bus)
- Embeded Devices
- Communications Systems (SATCOM, LOS, GNSS)
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental engineering concepts/principles/theories and standard Engineering Methodologies and Practices
- Knowledgeable of Agile methodologies
- General Understanding of Networking and Communication Technologies
- Experience managing Change Control across several systems
- Ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, new concepts and capabilities to the team and customers
Location and Travel Requirements
- Must live within commuting distance of Southern Pines, NC
- This position may require travel 7 to 10 days a month.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Clearance - this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS-SCI clearance.