Nestled in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, Philbrook Museum of Art is a 1920s Italianate Villa featuring a dynamic and ambitious program of rotating exhibitions and galleries with selections from an actively growing collection of approximately 15,000 objects. With artworks from Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe dating from 3,000 BCE to today, Philbrook is Oklahoma’s most comprehensive art museum and offers visitors a glimpse into a broad range of cultures, time periods, and perspectives. The diverse collection supports a vision of Philbrook as central to the lives of our community as a place for learning, inspiration, and fun. Through bold action and strategic investment, we create a space for new ideas, diverse perspectives, and social connection.
The Assistant Manager for Operations is an exciting, fast-paced position responsible for the logistical planning and implementation of all on-site activities. You will ensure day-to-day operations and special events, programs, rentals, and projects run smoothly, seamlessly, and efficiently by acting as air traffic control, working collaboratively to coordinate schedules, operational needs, and staffing across the institution. You will lead the Event Support / Operations team, often working alongside them on major projects. This is a full-time, on-site position.
- Oversees Museum-wide operational services.
- Ensures smooth operations and mitigate risks to people, collections, and buildings and grounds at all times by collaborating broadly across the Museum.
- Performs or advise on logistical planning and coordination for all aspects of Museum operations.
- Responsible for being onsite during major events and complex projects to provide logistical oversight and additional support.
- Coordinates with vendors and contractors in logistical planning and implementation of major events / projects as assigned.
- Effectively manage staff to support efficient and high-quality service.
- Maintain inventory of event support supplies, materials, signage, and equipment.
- Supports campus-wide sustainability and accessibility efforts.
- Collaborates across departments to develop plans for construction, maintenance, and special projects that minimize visitor/operational impacts.
- Assists in the preparation of preliminary budgets and record-keeping related to events or general building operations.
- Leads on-the-job training of new staff on routine procedures.
- Serves as a key member of the Emergency Response Team.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in logistics, events, or general operations
- Supervisory experience is a plus
The successful candidate…
- Is a hands-on leader who is proactive, flexible, and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Has the ability to successfully handle multiple projects and tasks at once
- Is able to understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions, floorplans, and diagrams
- Is comfortable using Microsoft suite programs, project management software, and a range of digital communications tools
- Can effectively work independently and collaboratively, using judgment and discretion to complete job duties, projects, and assignments
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, and perform up to 90% of the work standing
Competitive Salary& Benefits
- Hourly rate of $24.73
- Health insurance
- Paid time off, Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) retirement plan and matching
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter with application.