Temporarily located at 2215 E Huntington Dr, Duarte, CA 91010
Will move to 32 N Sierra Madre Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107 in May, 2023
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
Starting Pay Rate: $17.50/Hr
The E-Commerce Coordinator is responsible for supporting the online sales efforts of the San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStores. This includes creating product listings for online sales, organizing inventory, shipping items, communicating with buyers, tracking sales, and other methods to continually improve and grow the e-commerce program. This person must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, tremendous attention to detail, and the ability to generate professional written and visual content that aligns with the branding and messaging of the organization.
The overall goal is to increase the net operating income produced by the ReStores in order to provide maximum funding to further our organization’s mission of providing safe and decent housing in San Gabriel Valley. The success of this position will be determined in large part by the growth of e-commerce sales, as well as overall ReStore sales numbers.
Essential Job Duties
The E-Commerce Coordinator lists, processes, and ships products on behalf of the San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStores utilizing e-commerce outlets (e.g. ebay), while providing exceptional customer service to our online customers and donors.
- Produce accurate and attractive e-commerce listings (content, photos, design)
- Process and ship purchased items via USPS, FedEx, UPS, and large freight shipping services
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers and donors
- Edit and update listings, including price adjustments and inventory tracking
- Research market pricing and maintain awareness of current trends
- Maintain clean and organized workspace and inventory storage area
- Collaborate with ReStore and office staff to accomplish individual and collective goals
- Work with the Procurement and E-Commerce Manager to develop and grow the e-commerce program
- Some heavy lifting is required
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Is committed to San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity’s mission to eliminate substandard housing and make affordable housing a matter of conscience and action
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Impact
Upward Reporting Relationship
Positions Reports to: Procurement & E-Commerce Lead
No oversight or accountability for others, an individual contributor
Internal and External
Has regular contact with departments, employees and Managers at all levels of the internal organization as well as with External organizations, subcontractors, vendors, volunteers, homeowners, homebuyers, and donors
May influence the formulation of organizational policy, contractual obligations and employee morale
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree or significant related work experience in this field is a plus
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience is a plus
- 0-1 years of years of Online sales platform experience is a plus
- Photography experience (especially retail and e-commerce photography) is a plus
- Marketing experience is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills
- Organized and meticulous (including the capacity to keep accurate measure of large quantities of products and listings)
- Markedly positive attitude
- Cooperative disposition
- Knowledge of pricing trends (including new and used items)
- Willingness to collaborate with all staff and learn new skills and abilities
- Highly proficient with various computer software programs and social media platforms: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. (experience with Adobe products and design programs like Canva or Paint 3D is a plus)
- Tremendous attention to detail (including design elements and written communication)
- Ability to research products using key words or images to determine product details
- Highly self-motivated with the inclination to adapt, learn, and grow
- Works independently as well as effectively collaborates with groups
- Able to work the positions fixed schedule of Tuesdays – Saturdays
Fast paced retail environment. Some stress may occur; tasks have fixed deadlines. Requires standing for extended periods of time, visual acumen, physical dexterity.
For the checklist of physical requirements, see below.
This position includes lifting requirements that fall under:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The incumbent is expected to:
- Stand or Sit in a stationary position
- Walk (Move, Traverse)
- Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position)
- Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance (Ascend/Descend, Work atop, Traverse)
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (Position oneself to move)
- Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)
- See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
- Taste/Smell (Detect, Distinguish, Determine)
- Pushing or Pulling
- Engage in a repetitive motion
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.