The Compliance Manager is responsible for maintaining compliance with HUD and Low-Income housing Tax credits. The Compliance Manager will execute effective annual administrative operating cycles, ensuring all regulatory requirements are completed, and liaise with the various governmental agencies, housing authorities, and other stakeholders to maximize economic outcomes, and minimize operational risks.
- Oversees completion of files to ensure they are compliant with applicable Affordable Programs including Move-Ins, Annual Recertification, Interim Recertification, Gross Rent Changes, Terminations, and Initial Certifications.
- Monitoring Re-certification process to ensure community staff is completing the required certifications timely.
- Ensure the state monitoring databases are updated monthly as required.
- Assist community staff with preparation for MOR, LIHTC and other relevant agency audits.
- Ensure documentation/forms used by site staff is up to date and compliant with the governing agencies.
- Ensure community staff is following procedural guidelines to administer and maintain compliance with all affordable housing programs including but not limited to the Department of Housing and Urban Development Programs and the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Programs.
- Monitor EIV Compliance.
- Manage the license renewal process and coordinate regional disclosures.
- Assist Compliance Director with HUD related paperwork for rent increases including completing utility allowance baselines.
- Provides superior customer service to residents and prospective tenants by promptly responding to all incoming calls, messages, and emails in a professional, respectful manner.
- Travel to different properties.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Two (2) years of affordable housing compliance experience with knowledge of Section 8/LIHTC/Bond/multilayered programs.
- TACC, COS, BOS, AHM or other widely known affordable housing compliance certifications preferred.
- Excellent communication skills- written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience managing people (in multiple locations preferred)
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including advanced excel functions.
- Yardi experience (preferred) or ability to learn new software quickly.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation: $70,000-80,000 + bonus eligible
Health Benefits: Generous employer contribution medical, dental. Employer paid vision.
15 PTO, 7 sick days.
Generous holiday schedule, paid maternity leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- 401K Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values