The Systems Administrator manages the Bank’s mid-level infrastructure. This includes managing Active Directory Users and Computers, virtual machines, data management, and data backup processes. The Systems Administrator will assist the Systems Engineer in new branch deployment, new technology deployment, and maintenance of existing infrastructure. This position also provides Level II Help Desk support for Bank employees for Microsoft product support, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
The Systems Administrator will also assist the Systems Engineer with network management and administration, and other technology related tasks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Testing of software and hardware in a lab environment to evaluate the best deployment methods and to identify potential support issues with users
• Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems as assigned by the Systems Engineer or the Chief Information Officer, and will refer more complex problems to the appropriate bank department, branch, supervisor or other staff
• Assist the Systems Engineer and/or the Chief Information Officer in acquiring the necessary network statistics required for metrics analysis and reporting
• Work with the Systems Engineer to manage the asset management system and produce reports for management
• Assist the Systems Engineer with the management of all virtual machine assets, including routine maintenance of all servers and monitoring of critical functions
• Assist the Systems Engineer in maintaining health of all servers and other components of the Bank’s virtual infrastructure
• Maintain a documented inventory of IT supplies and undeployed equipment and submit orders for new supplies per the procedures defined by the department
• Provide Level II help desk support for Bank employees as needed
• Answers the IT help desk telephone and provides documentation of requests for assistance through the Bank’s help desk ticketing system
• Interviews users to collect information about problems and leads users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of problem
• Transfers direct requests for immediate assistance to the appropriate IS/IT resource, or appropriate banking resource
• Participate in continuing education as required by management
• Any other projects and tasks as assigned by management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to: stand, walk, use standard office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 25 pounds with assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field
• CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certifications
• Intermediate skills with all Microsoft Office products
• Professional communication skills with computer users on the telephone and in person