Director of Leadership Giving (DLG)
Charlotte, NC • Development
POSITION TITLE: Director of Leadership Giving (DLG)
REPORTS TO: Director of Development – Diocese of Charlotte
POSITION SUMMARY: Researches, organizes and directs strategies to identify, engage and solicit leadership gifts for the diocese, diocesan ministries, diocesan schools, and the foundation. Leadership gifts are defined as annual recurring gifts of $10,000 and above or special gifts. Also responsible for the stewardship of these gifts and the development of relationships with leadership donors.
- Proactively identifies, organizes and directs efforts to build and develop a base of leadership donors. Analyzes existing donor base to identify 200-300 major donors and develops ratings on each donor on the propensity to give, amount to request, and approach to prospective donor.
- Personally solicits and works with Director of Development to undertake personal solicitations for leadership gifts.
- Utilizes donor data management system (Raiser’s Edge) to record moves and solicitations. Utilizes an outside wealth screening program to obtain analytics on giving capacity, business and philanthropic affiliations.
- Develops prospect lists and rating system on leadership giving prospects, keeps current on solicitations and tracking of successful, unsuccessful and pending proposals.
- Develops case for funding and works with Director of Development as appropriate to price and prioritize major projects. This includes the definition, quantification and prioritization of the needs of Catholic schools, Catholic Social Services, Hispanic Ministry, clergy/vocations, and other initiatives as defined by the Bishop or the Vicar General.
- Prepares written materials including brochures, marketing materials, correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications as part of the stewardship program.
- Manages entire solicitation process including stewardship and Bishops’ Circle events and communications.
- Participates in staff training and development activities as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum five years experience soliciting major or capital gifts
- Experience in successfully managing and marketing a development program
- Excellent relationship building and communications skills as well as the ability to interface with diverse constituencies.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Extensive travel within the boundaries of the Diocese of Charlotte.