The Instructional Assistant assists the Teacher in delivering instruction to STARS students and implementing the student’s IEP/IIP/ISP, assessing student progress and lesson planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times;
- Demonstrate courteous and competent phone manners;
- Demonstrate knowledge about VIA;
- Maintain confidentiality with staff, parents, public school personnel and/or agencies;
- Assist teacher with students throughout the school day;
- Assist students with behavioral challenges;
- Assist students with daily assignment(s) as needed;
- Assist students during lunch and activities;
- Assist teacher with classroom materials;
- Assist teacher with planning;
- Assist teachers with assessments, grading, and progress note development;
- Address students in a positive manner as we build confidence for students with unique needs;
- Supervise and/or assist students attending field trips, community outings; and
- Substitute when teacher is out of the center.
This is a full-time position. This position involves working with students who exhibit challenging and/or aggressive behavior and participation in community outings.
· High school diploma;
· Proficient computer skills, including word-processing;
· Demonstrate organizational, interpersonal and multitasking skills; and
· Have ability to communicate appropriately.
The ability to move independently throughout a wide range of environments, some of which may not be wheelchair or otherwise handicapped accessible, is required. Independent transportation to locations that may not be served by public transportation may be necessary.