Kennebec Valley Community Action Program (KVCAP), which seeks to strengthen individuals, families and communities through direct services and community collaborations that create solutions to poverty, is looking to hire full-time Family Visitors in Augusta, Waterville, and Skowhegan. Family Visitors will partner with expectant parents and parents of young children in their home and virtually to help families understand their child’s development, support the parent-child relationship, share activities, create and work toward family goals, and connect family with community resources through referrals.
- Family Visitor I:
- Associates Degree or equivalent college credit and two years supervised work experience with families and young children
- Family Visitor II:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social work, or related field and one year previous supervised work experience with young children and/or parents.
- Ability to pass State Bureau of Investigation, DHHS, DMV, National Sex Offender Registry and Fraud background checks.
- 13 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day)
- Low cost health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off program that starts at 4 weeks per year
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan that includes an employer contribution and an employer match
- Annual CSA program that delivers a weekly box of food from local farms to all participating employees for 20+ weeks per year
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Additional stipend through September 2023