Assists with coordinating food and bar service activities for Restaurant and Banquet Facilities. Supervises/Oversees Front of the House areas during designated shifts. Provides leadership in the Restaurant/Cafe by directing and managing the associates and activities of the Cafe. Ensures excellent customer service. Implements initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business and maximize profits.
- Promotes and Supervises team work, coaches, develops and trains department associates; minimizes turnover, promotes efficiency, and controls labor costs.
- Maintains accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
- Notifies Café Management and/or Maintenance Associate of any equipment needing repair.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment to ensure health code and OSHA requirements are met.
- Ensures food and service meets quality and timeliness standards.
- Assists Manager(s) responsible for all banquets from beginning to end (includes meeting with customers, menu development, pricing, room set up, and staffing the event).
- Assists in overseeing cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Assists in investigating and resolving food quality and service issues. Issues relating to food poisoning claims are handled in conjunction with Store leadership.
- Assists in maintaining internal controls for all financial transactions.
- Communicates customer feedback and Associates’ concerns to Café Management.
- Ensures proper tip compliance is maintained.
- Maintains ambient music.
- Performs duties of Café staff as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
- (E) High school education or equivalent
- (E) 2 years of hospitality training or experience
- (E) Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience