The Stewardship Student Assistant will provide support to the Development team by assisting with various donor recognition and fundraising initiatives.
Coverage needs are between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday, year-round, and is flexible around school schedule. Student may work up to 20 hours per week.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Provide support to the Development team.
- Assist with the production and printing of donor acknowledgement letters.
- Prepare and mail donor acknowledgements and recognition items in a timely manner.
- Assist with assembling plaques and corresponding stewardship items for shipment.
- Assist with inventory of gift recognition items, including restocking items and ensuring accuracy of inventory.
Provide outstanding customer service.
- Answer constituent phone calls, e-mails and walk-in visitors regarding gift questions while using internal database to verify constituent giving history.
- Process gifts made over the phone and in person accurately, promptly, and in compliance with Association policies for safeguarding constituent financial information.
- Respond to constituent e-mail inquiries regarding gift questions and other Fundraising matters.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Coordinator of Stewardship.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University with a minimum of one semester of attendance at College Station campus.
Preferred: Student pursuing a degree from the Mays Business School or the Bush School of Government and Public Service with a focus on Non-Profit Management.
Required: Minimum of one to two years of work experience that included successful direct contact providing outstanding service to customers.
Required: Ability to prioritize and multitask with minimum supervision. Proficiency in using computer software applications, including MS Office and an ability to learn and use internal database. Ability to build and manage relationships with constituents. Outstanding organizational skills. Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to operate computer, telephone, and network printers/copiers/scanners.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer monitor is required. Must be able to lift 25-30 pounds. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Required: Must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
Preferred: Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Ability to remain in student position for a minimum of two years, in addition to working between semesters and holidays.