The Extended Business Office Client Relations Specialist serves in a liaison capacity, representing and building relationships with clients, patients, and other third parties, such as insurance companies. These efforts support the business as it looks to increase revenue, enhance patient satisfaction, and reduce the accounts receivables of clients. This individual is committed to making impactful contributions and building trusting relationships in a culture founded in teamwork.
- Communicates via all available omni channels to offer education on the healthcare revenue cycle; to troubleshoot accounts (specifically those complex in nature) through resolution; and to respond to requests such has insurance or payment reviews and settlements, or inquiries about matters such as financial assistance. May refer or escalate accounts as appropriate.
- Engages in active listening with callers, confirming or clarifying information and diffusing conflict.
- Makes appropriate changes or documentation in client healthcare systems and internal technology platforms. Takes necessary action on accounts within established time-frames to prevent premature collection efforts. Manages and completes routine reports to ensure accounts are being handled and resolved appropriately.
- Submits claims to insurance providers for patients on behalf of clients, following through to resolution. Pursues disputes for denied claims as appropriate.
- Configures system settings to allow for client access to internal platforms and reports
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Preferred Education: Two Years of College or Associate's Degree
- 1+ year(s) in a customer service capacity required, preferably in a contact center environment
- 1+ year(s) of experience multi-tasking in a fast- paced environment required
- 1+ year(s) with medical insurance, coding, or billing in a professional environment preferred
- Knowledge of collections industry, healthcare revenue cycle, and medical insurance and billing processes and terminology, and healthcare administration required
- Knowledge of the industry’s federal, state, and local laws and regulations preferred
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. The full job description is available on the Careers page at www.Americollect.com
Americollect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex. national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.