WorldatWork is looking for a Finance Specialist in our Pune, India office. WorldatWork is a human resources association and compensation authority for professionals and organizations focused on compensation, benefits, and total rewards. It's our mission to empower professionals to become masters in their fields.
We need employees to join our organization who are passionate, unique, innovative and bold. Think you have what it takes? Read a little more about our Finance Specialist job and let’s talk about it!
· A team atmosphere where you can be a part of streamlining processes both within the accounting and amongst various departments in the organization
· A role that allows you to participate in financial analysis for the organization
· A great opportunity to participate in various aspects of the accounting function including:
· Accurately and completely prepare monthly journal entries, ensuring compliance with accounting and regulatory requirements
· Completes analysis of financial activity of the organization including month-end analysis, account reconciliations, and ad-hoc reporting as directed
· Resolve problems of limited scope and complexity in maintaining accounts or systems, preparing reports and proper accounting for transactions
· Perform a variety of research activities. Identify accounting or reporting issues and recommend corrective action
· Support the annual audit process, which includes providing PBC requests to the external auditors, and providing substantial support for audit selections
· A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university preferred.
· 4 – 5 years full – time accounting experience required.
· Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are essential with an emphasis on building new spreadsheets, and using advanced functions
· Ability to successfully utilize accounting software system(s), Microsoft Word and Outlook to complete assigned work/projects
· Knowledge of NetSuite a plus, but not required.
· Displays a passionate commitment to the goals of the team and the company.
· Ability to multi-task, meet simultaneous deadlines, and effectively work under pressure.
· Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Problem solving – identifying problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Effectively prioritizes tasks in the workday, manages multiple projects at once and meets deadlines in normal daily work and assigned project work.
· Partners well with operations, co-workers, and supervisor, including effectively communicating and relationship-building.
· Continuously develops technical skills in order to leverage systems for process improvements.
· Perform all aspects of work with a high degree of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy.
· Adapt effectively to new and changing environments.
· High professional integrity and personal ownership.
· Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and highly organized.
· Ability to work in a confidential manner, ensuring information is shared with internal and external individuals in an appropriate manner.