Our Fund Analyst works closely with members of the asset management, syndication, and acquisition teams. This department and team help many of our communities as we are focused on low-income housing (LIHTC). Our investors bring in money to buy properties, which helps tenants who normally cannot afford, customers receive tax credits, and the savings is passed onto investors. No two days are the same on our capital investments team because deals can close any day at any time. If you are looking to launch your career in multi-family capital investments, then apply TODAY!
After one year as a Fund Analyst, you will know you were successful if you…
- Generate and post all monthly journal entries.
- Assist with preparation and analysis of quarterly reports including but not limited to; project and fund-level summary reports, model projections, drafting financial statements, investor narratives, and calculating investor yield on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with Asset Management and Syndication to plan for upcoming capital calls, bridge draw requests, manage cash position, and prepare reconciliations.
- Work with external parties that include but are not limited to investors, partnership accountants, and other entity partners.
- Review Limited Partnership Agreements and create active, post-closing models for each.
- Review lower-tier partnership tax returns and audits.
- Assist Fund Auditors during preliminary and year-end field work.
What we are looking for…
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, accounting or finance is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in real estate investments and public accounting experience is preferred.
- Previous work experience in the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program or Affordable Housing industry is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong customer service skills in interactions with investors, lenders, and developer partners in a financial services environment.
- Candidate must be able to communicate and work effectively with individuals representing various departments and having varying specialties, both financial and non-financial.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and high proficiency in Excel and Word specifically.
- Overtime hours are expected during certain months of the year.
Merchants Capital was established in August of 1990 as a mortgage banking firm specializing in multifamily housing and health care facilities finance. With extensive experience in these types of finance, the company is a premier provider and servicer of Multifamily, Affordable, Healthcare, and Student Housing. Our mission is simple: to provide the best origination and service of our loan and investment products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations.
Merchants Capital Corp. (MCC) launched its LIHTC equity syndicator in 2020 and as of year-end 2021 had raised $248 million in equity. As a lender, MCC has also originated and closed more than $30 billion+ in financing and now services more than $18 billion+. MCC’s primary source of funding is the secondary market of federally chartered agencies and the federal government and tax credit equity investors.