Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by supporting our strategic engagement efforts. A friendly, motivated, creative, organized and highly detail-oriented individual is needed to provide excellent customer service and assist with the daily operations of the Traveling Aggies department.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
- An organized, detail oriented, friendly, and reliable student needed to perform data entry, copy, file, fax, and scan accounting related documents.
- Assist the Manager of Traveling Aggies in tasks and preparation of trips/activities surrounding the travel program.
- Must be comfortable speaking with former students and travel vendors on the phone and over email.
- Ensure immediate responses are given to phone, mail and email inquiries.
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors and Association employees.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Manager of Traveling Aggies.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University.
Preferred: Due to the amount of training involved, would prefer a student who is in the sophomore or junior years at A&M.
Required: 15-20 hours of work per week.
Required: Good working knowledge of Texas A&M University. Efficient in Microsoft programs, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Preferred: HTML & Photoshop knowledge.
Effective oral & written communication skills including pubic speaking. Personable & customer service attitude with the ability to interact with a diverse population and maintain attention to detail.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer monitor is required. Ability to perform occasional merge/mail tasks with envelopes and mailing labels required.