The Sales Representative oversees the sales practices of the organization, focusing on target segments and building a sales pipeline for Beep shuttles as a service platform. As a growing SaaS startup in the autonomous shuttle space, we are looking for motivated individuals who want to be part of building a team. This role is designed for someone who is naturally outgoing and has a desire to have a real impact in business development. A successful candidate will flourish in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and will work diligently to deliver productivity across the sales organization. This is an ideal job for someone with a passion for emerging technology, and who seeks an entrepreneurial focused career.
This is a full-time position. While headquartered in Orlando, FL, this role will be based in Texas.
- Assist in developing strategies and executing plans for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Identify and engage target customer in assigned area of responsibility
- Own the sales process from prospect to lead to closed deal
- Negotiate mutually beneficial agreements with customers
- Make recommendations when needed on sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction, specifically with assigned channel partners
- Assist in carrying out the established sales processes and identify improvements where and when required
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to the sales, marketing, product, and engineering teams
- Manage and drive area of responsibility performance against a planned budget
- Balance clients’ needs with Beep business objectives and target account plans
- Manage the client relationship at all levels and functions
- Coordinate with client on logistical situations in order to support and optimize the supply chain
- Prepare documents such as proposals, price quotes, competitive analysis, and service obligations within the policy guidelines of Beep and the sales leadership
- Submit routine/timely client updates, monthly reports, area performance reports, expense reports, and budgets
- Understand the technical details of our suppliers’ products relative to the use as it relates to the customers’ application
- Provide technical support to clients through pre/post sales engineering
- Maintain strong market awareness and understanding by studying market developments and competitive advancements; Inform team/colleagues at Beep of competitive marketing dynamics including: competitive products, promotional sales, selling techniques, prices, etc.
- Attend relevant industry events in support of Beep as needed
- Coordinate client deliverables with relevant departments within Beep
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong sense of customer focus
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Demonstrated excellent sales and negotiations skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook) and ability to effectively use Salesforce CRM software
- Demonstrated Sales and Account / Customer Management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ethical, reliable, and proactive
- A willingness to accept overnight travel demands of 30-50% depending on geography and customer needs
- Quick to connect with a friendly, likable demeanor and a team-oriented mindset
- Competitive spirit and drive to succeed
- Interest in emerging technology and mobility solutions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with significant industry background - specifically Autonomous, software as a service, Transportation, or Technology required
- 5 years in Sales and/or Sales Management
- Experience leading a prospective customer through the sales process
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Travel up to 50%