The Personal Banker is responsible for providing premier customer service to both existing and potential customers by actively listening to customer requests, efficiently responding with sound and accurate solutions. A successful Personal Banker will focus on effectively processing account transactions, account changes and loan transactions while establishing positive professional relationships with customers and colleagues.
Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday; 7:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Friday; and 7:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Saturday
In a year as Personal Banker, you will know you were successful if you...
- Process cash and non-cash banking transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Provide premier customer service to all bank visitors and customers.
- Open accounts, cross-sell products and services and assist in identifying customer financial needs.
- Accurately balance the cash drawer, vault and ATM within guidelines on a regular basis.
- Timely adhere to bank policies and procedures, audit and compliance guidelines, and training requirements.
- Provide back-up operational support for branch staff.
What we are looking for...
- Requires at least one year of experience with cash handling in a banking role.
- Requires strong organizational skills, the ability to do basic math without assistance, and a keen focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be proficient in basic computer use including Microsoft Office and Outlook with the ability to learn new software programs and use relevant computer programs in a professional setting.
- The Personal Banker/Teller position is a full-time, non-exempt position.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.