Tiffin University (TU) is an innovative private university located in Tiffin, Ohio, and within 90 minutes of Columbus, Cleveland, and Detroit metros. Established in 1888 as a professionally focused college serving the needs of career-minded students, TU has grown to a global university offering almost 90 degree and concentration programs with students representing more than 30 countries at its campuses on three continents. In the last decade, enrollment has more than doubled, and more than $50 million has been invested in on-campus construction projects, including new dormitories and a living-learning complex, new centers for the arts and for technology, as well state-of-the-art athletic and wellness facilities.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The School of Business, which is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), has an opening for a full-time faculty appointment in the field of Management. Primary responsibilities will be to teach seated and online undergraduate and graduate level courses in a variety of Management and Human Resource areas with a primary emphasis on the upper-level course, conducting research, advising students, and providing service to the department, university, community, committees, and profession.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Qualified candidates must possess a terminal degree in the field, possess relevant professional experience, be student-focused, and practice a learner-centered pedagogical approach. Candidates are required to demonstrate a commitment to teaching, scholarly and professional activities, and a willingness to be active in service to the university and community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate management and human resource management courses consistent with the faculty member’s area of expertise.
- Inform and inspire a better understanding and practice of management worldwide by extending and challenging traditional approaches through an integrated view of the economic, psychological, social, political, and technological contexts in which people, teams, organizations, and markets operate.
- Assigned classes can be taught in face-to-face, online, hybrid, or competency-based formats.
- Advise or mentor students.
- Develop new classes and update existing classes in face-to-face, hybrid, online, and competency-based formats.
- Maintain academic currency through scholarly work and professional engagement.
- Attend department and university meetings and assist with relevant committee work, activities, and events as needed.
- Provide service to the university, community, relevant academic discipline, and profession.
- Knowledge and ability to teach online courses and face-to-face courses in a traditional university classroom equipped with a whiteboard and multimedia technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to high-quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students, including pastoral care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interdependence: Fosters collaboration
Communication: Strong decision-making and communication skills
Accountability: Formulates effective and progressive strategies aligned with University mission and values
Respect: Creates an engaging, collaborative work environment by bringing diverse people and ideas together.
Entrepreneurship: Influences and Inspires
Ability to sit and or stand periodically for long periods.
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our beliefs. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Tiffin University actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY: Tiffin University is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for employees, applicant for employment, students or applicant for admission, access to educational opportunities on the basis of race, religion, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, social-economic class, place of business, residence, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status (including special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, or recently separated veteran), predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any resolution process on campus or within the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or other human rights agencies.
Tiffin University is an Equal Opportunity Employer