Perform a variety of functions to support laboratory operations, including actual operation of laboratory equipment and testing of samples. The assigned functions will include several of the following general activities and may include others not described here. Some familiarity of the laboratory processes is recommended but not required.
Sample preparation: cut and prepare samples for the X-Ray Fluorescence instrument (or perform other minor laboratory procedures involving the handling and testing of samples)
Sample logistics and inventory management: move samples in and out of the laboratory as required to support testing operations and long-term archiving of samples, including receiving and shipping functions, and inventory management. Input sample information (daily) into eMaint for long term tracking capability. Continue to improve warehouse sample management and space contingency plan.
Testing support: clean and prepare glassware and testing apparatus for use by the technicians; replenish consumables such as ice, reagents, eluents, and cylinder gases; calibrate testing equipment; obtain data from chromatographs and enter to testing spreadsheets
Sample inspections: inspect incoming samples from operating SCR systems, including cleaning of the sample, to provide a report of the sample identity and condition so that appropriate testing can be planned. This must be done on a one-day turnaround
• Know and follow all safety rules.
• Know and follow all procedures for the specific assigned responsibilities
• Wash and prepare glassware, such as probes, coils, and impingers, including repacking with wool
• Carefully and accurately record information, report data, and complete required documents
• Set up work based on direction provided by the Laboratory Manager
• Use knowledge and experience to solve many of the minor problems and issues that arise during performance of duties
• Promptly report unusual issues and problems that arise while performing job functions
• Use work time and equipment as efficiently as possible by carefully planning work and job tasks for a shift at the start of the shift
• Assist in performance of special work
• Make improvement suggestions
· High school diploma or GED required, post-secondary education is preferred
· Good basic math and written communication skills required, higher proficiency math skills (fractions, percentages, & units of measure) preferred
· Problem- solving and decision-making skills required
· Basic computer skills preferred
· Ability to lift a 20-pound load to a height of six feet
· Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
· Must be able to use power tools for use in sample inspections
· Ability to understand use and function of spreadsheets, and to input data to them in an accurate and appropriate way
· Experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is desirable
· Ability to communicate effectively with others regarding work issues and problems
· Initiative to plan and execute work efficiently and perform it accurately
· Ability to move hand trucks and pallet jacks with loads of 250 pounds
Benefits are provided on date of hire!
• Medical (vision included)- Company pays 83% of medical premiums for employee, employee/spouse, employee/child and family
• Dental- Company pays 50% of dental premiums for employee, employee/spouse, employee/child, and family
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Cancer Plan
• HSA- Company contributes $600 for employee, and $1,200 for family plans.
• FSA/Limited FSA available
• 100% Company paid benefits, provided on date of hire!
• Basic Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Boot Allowance
• Company uniforms
• 5% Company match 401(k), 100% vested, begins after 90 days of employment
• 10 Corporate Holidays (ability to receive double pay for any holiday that is worked)
• Generous PTO Plan- available first day of employment!
• Annual bonus program
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.