MidLantic Urology was founded on the desire to advance urology health care for our patients. Our merger of the top urology groups in Philadelphia not only gives us the most recognizable and skilled urologists but also empowers us with the resources to continue to innovate with the most advanced treatments backed by clinical research.
Our approach comes directly from the private practice model. We believe in highly personalized and compassionate care. Our specialists are by our patient’s side throughout their entire care journey. With 47 state-of-the art locations located throughout the region, we strive to provide the most convenient access to all our patients.
The MidLantic Urology team thrives on pushing the envelope of what’s possible in urological medicine. Our advancement of urology health through clinical research makes us a stronger practice. We’re passionate about raising the bar for urological care in service of our patients. And we’re just getting started.
We are seeking a professional full-time Certified Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist for our Chestnut Hill and Plymouth Meeting, PA locations. The Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist is responsible for providing clinical and front desk support to the providers in the office. This is a full-time job, occasional evening shift hours required, no weekend hours required.
Essential functions include but are not limited to: Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms organized and well stocked
- Prepare patients for and assists the physician with treatments and surgical procedures
- Interview patients to obtain updated medical information and obtain vital signs
- Collect urine specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies
- Prepare and administer medications
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies per physicians request
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures and follows state and federal regulations, such as OSHA and HIPAA guidelines
- Insurance verifications
- Front desk support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- At least 1 - 2 years of medical assistance experience; urology experience preferred
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of ICD10, CPT coding, and medical terminology is required.
- Computer proficiency and prior experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- May be assigned to cover our other 3 sites as needed
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- EMR Systems: 1 year (preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
- This position requires sitting, standing, and walking. A typical day includes a significant amount of time moving from room to room and being on your feet.
- Must be able to lift and move patients on a regular basis.
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
MidLantic Urology is an equal opportunity employer.