United Way of Dane County fights for the education, financial stability, and health of everyone in Dane County. We are committed to the vision of a Dane County where everyone can succeed in school, work and life. We seek a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with an interest in non-profit fundraising who can fill an integral role in our Resource Development department. This is an unpaid position. We are located at 2059 Atwood Avenue on the near east side of Madison on the bus line.
• Conduct research on current and potential donors by reviewing local and national news and business publications.
• Contact local businesses to solicit for in-kind donations, manage thank you letter processes as well as data entry for donations.
• Provide support for volunteer training sessions and campaign events as needed, including materials assembly.
• Contact business partners about sponsorship opportunities and perform follow up activities as needed.
• Develop content for electronic, departmental and donor communications.
• Assist in the production of large-scale mailing projects.
• Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
This internship has a time commitment of approximately 20 hours per week for 10 weeks during regular business hours. A specific schedule and start date will be confirmed upon selection
• Interest in fundraising and the non-profit sector.
• Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, searching on-line databases and the Internet. (Must have experience with spreadsheets and databases.)
• Detail-oriented and organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A commitment to professional ethics and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment and meet goals in a timely manner.
• Punctuality and dependability.
• Experience in sales, marketing, or a fundraising environment is helpful.