Purpose and Scope: Professional, energetic individual with full cycle property management accounting experience who communicates well at all levels, has the ability to multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
· Perform full cycle accounting including accounts payable, journal entries, monthly accruals and reconciliations.
· Generate monthly Rent Roll, review for accuracy.
· Enter daily cash receipts/tenant rents and monitor A/R balances, including collections.
· Maintain property management sub-ledger including both lease and billing information.
· Calculate monthly fees and process payments.
· Prepare month-end reporting packages, review and analyze variances; distribute to parties as required.
· Prepare complex annual NNN reconciliations and related billings.
· Prepare annual work papers and reconciliations for annual property tax valuation.
· Prepare annual budget and quarterly reforecasting.
· Respond to audit inquiries from owners and external business partners.
· Respond to tenant questions regarding monthly charges, outstanding amounts due, and annual NNN reconciliations.
· Special projects as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting
· 3-5 years accounting experience, real estate accounting required; clear understanding of financial statements (GAAP).
· Candidate must be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, have strong technical aptitude; detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
· Intermediate MS Excel and MS Word skills.
· Timberline, Yardi and/or MRI accounting software knowledge is a benefit.