Established in 1928, the West Shore Country Club was envisioned as a place where friends could gather for social and recreational activities. Over the years, as membership grew, our original vision has remained true. Located on 164 acres in the heart of South Central Pennsylvania, our club offers the finest in golf, tennis, swimming, dining and social activities for your leisure times. Our variety of banquet settings can accommodate parties from a small business meeting to a grand wedding celebration. Our beautiful clubhouse and impeccably groomed grounds add to the aura of quiet sophistication that is the West Shore Country Club.
Banquet Cook – Provides high quality food production for banquet functions and private parties. Engages with banquet staff and event guest to ensure an enjoyable experience for all. Manages the menu planning, costing and execution and employee supervision for banquet functions including holiday buffets, Sunday brunch and other special occasions. The Banquet Cook position is full-time, hourly, non-exempt and reports directly to the Banquet Chef and Executive Chef.
- Full-time position: 40 Hours per week with overtime potential
- Pay based on skills and experience: $18 - $25/ hour
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
- Responsible for consistent use of safe work practices by all banquet staff.
- Understands and consistently follows food safety practices.
- Establishes and maintains professional standards of conduct and appearance.
- Assists in preparing and interpreting the banquet event order (BEO).
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Ideal Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Positive, Creative, and Adaptable Personality
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and under pressure while maintaining high standards
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Driven and focused on always providing the best quality of service and food
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current ServSafe Certification preferred
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred
- A minimum of three years in a food preparation position encompassing all phases of food preparation and kitchen operation
- Must be available to work day, evenings, weekends, and holidays
West Shore Country Club offers to all employees:
- Paid on the job training
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
- Limited Employee Golfing Privileges
- Company Provided Meals
- Employee Appreciation and Engagement Events
- A Winning Team for all to succeed
West Shore Country Club Full Time Employees receive:
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- 401K with discretionary match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid STD and AD&D Insurance
West Shore Country Club is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Applicants requiring special accommodations during and after the application process can contact our Human Resources department at (717) 761-4530 ext.1107.