Indiana Farmers Insurance is currently looking for an Application Development Director to join our Information Technology Team. The ideal candidate will be located in Indiana, Illinois or Ohio.
The Application Development Director leads and manages the development, deployment, and support of new and existing internal and external facing applications to meet the current and future needs of the organization. The right candidate is responsible for strategic technology planning, project management, talent management, and developing strong relationships with internal and external business partners.
Benefits for the Application Development Director:
- Free Health insurance
- Free Dental insurance
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Free Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- 2% 401k Company Match
- 11% 401k Company Contribution
- Excellent Paid Time Off
- Day of Service
- Charity Match Program
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include work locations in the office, hybrid schedules and fully remote. The type of arrangement available is determined by the position and business needs
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
Qualifications and Responsibilities for the Application Development Director:
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in computer science or related field
- 5 years of project management experience leading projects leveraging SDLC and/or Agile methodologies
- 7 years of relevant technology leadership experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Overseeing, monitoring, and enhancing assigned systems and databases to ensure the defined service level agreement for uptime and response time are met or exceeded
- Providing hands-on technical guidance on best practices associated with developing business applications, database solutions, integrations, and mobile based architectures and applications
- Building and fostering strong interpersonal communication skills required for effective communication at the staff, peer, and executive levels of the organization, along with vendors and other contacts while managing a project
- Researching, evaluating, and integrating new technologies into the environment, as appropriate
- Administering performance appraisals and participate in the hiring and budgeting processes
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance? Imagine working for an employer like this:
- 95% retention of our associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best.
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 146 years in business!
For more information about Indiana Farmers Mutual Insurance Company, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!