We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
- Works primarily in an outside setting that includes exposure to water, sun, and heat.
- Work schedule includes daytime, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Proper use of personal safety equipment is required.
The Lifeguard supervises all pool activities that are part of the recreational programming for residential children.
1. Supervises resident children in swimming activities, including administering swimming tests when deemed necessary or desirable, in order to maintain a continually safe environment for swimming.
2. Maintain the physical grounds within the fenced area of the swimming pool.
3. Maintain proper operation of the pool mechanical and safety equipment, reporting all maintenance needs promptly to the Operations Manager.
4. Be on time and prepared to work when scheduled to work, having a whistle and proper swimming attire.
- Minimum age is 16 years.
- Previous experience (volunteer or paid) preferred in supervision of swimming activities preferred.
- Certification by a recognized accrediting body as a lifeguard.
- Must be able to life 50 pounds dry weight, be in good physical condition, able to perform moderately difficult mathematical calculations to determine proper chemical usage, and able to use power equipment for pool-area maintenance.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and childcare/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.