Thank you for your interest in Norfolk Kitchen & Bath. Why should you join the team?
Norfolk Kitchen & Bath has continued to have sales growth year after year. We believe this success is due mainly to the talented designers at our locations with a focus on creating the best customer sales experience.
Do you want to work for a growing, family-owned company that is focused on providing high quality and value to its customers? Norfolk Kitchen & Bath may be the best place for you. We are driven to find the most talented designers in the region to join our successful teams. NKB currently operates 6 locations - Boston and Braintree, Framingham, MA and Salem, Nashua, and Manchester, NH.
We focus on our relationship with the customer and within our showrooms display the latest trends for customers to touch & feel. Norfolk is a premier distributor of Showplace cabinetry and several other quality lines for each budget. We also offer a wide range of complementary products including countertops, tile, and other building materials. In several of our locations, we also offer full installation/remodeling services.
If you are a kitchen and bath designer/sales professional who strives to provide the highest quality of service and design to meet the needs of our clients, please submit your resume for consideration. Qualified candidates will have experience designing and selling in the kitchen and bath industry. Compensation for these roles would be base, plus commission.
Job Responsibilities to include:
• Working with the showroom team to provide service to customers both walk-ins as well as scheduled design appointments
• Designing, estimating, and measuring each project with accuracy and speed
• Meeting monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales and margin goals
• Developing relationships with clients with a focus on generating future referral business
• Attend industry networking events to continue to develop knowledge of kitchen and bath design and trends
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of kitchen cabinet design, product offerings and related vendors
• Proficient and able to create designs within 20/20 software
• Knowledge of trends & materials, color, finishes
• Clear, professional communication skills both verbal and written
• High level of organization and project management abilities
• Ability to foster a team environment, motivate and teach
• Aptitude for calculations (measurements, gross profit)
• Proficient with Microsoft applications including Calendar, Word, Excel and working within a shared folder setup
• Ability to work a retail schedule. Our showroom will be open Monday through Saturday with normal operating hours
• Schedule may include some weekends, but we are closed most nights
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with kitchen and bath design
• 3+ years of relationship sales experience
• Proven achievement in meeting sales goals and team goals
• Interior design and other building material product knowledge helpful
• Valid driver’s license and able to travel to customer sites for measurements
• Able to stoop, stand, walk, climb as needed for job tasks
• May be in contact with machinery and work hazards associated with construction sites
• Able to articulate, write, read English
• Able to sit and work with PC related work for long periods of time
Norfolk Kitchen and Bath is a division of The Norfolk Companies. The Norfolk Companies consists of Norfolk Hardware and Home Center, Norfolk Kitchen and Bath, and Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors. Norfolk Hardware and Home Center is a full-service hardware store and home center located in Boston. Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors is a manufacturing business specializing in the production of cabinets, countertops, and custom case work.
The Norfolk Companies was founded in 1934. We have been in business for over 85 years and continue to grow year after year.
Come and be part of this fun, fast paced, family atmosphere.